Sunday 4 January 2009

Dotties World "'Ave a Laugh - Sunday Challenge"

Well I am definately on a roll - 2 cards in 2 days!!

Still on the subject of "Dottie and George" i came across the official blog - "Dotties World" yay!!

And so i decided to enter my first challenge ever which is as follows:

"Start the New Year with a Laugh" . I simply want to see "something funny" on your project, what you use and how you make it is up to you. Oh and of course you must use one of the Charmed downloads.

Well glad of any excuse to use the "Girls about town" download again here is what i came up with!

In case you can't see the quote on the card is "I can resist everything except temptation" by Oscar Wilde!

The paper is from "the All Dressed Up matstack" by Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) and i made the sentiment on my computer!

I am struggling with taking photos of my cards so if anyone is actually reading this and has any tips i would be most grateful!!



9 comments:

Juliet said...

You've done an amazing job with this card - it's really lovely. Glad you found Dottie's World and you like the downloads. As for the photos, I still take zillions before I find one I'm happy with, but good daylight is essential then I adjust brightness and contrast in MS Picture Manager which helps a lot. I'm sure you'll get many more hints.
Juliet xx

Louly said...

Hi!!! Welcome to Blogland!
Thankyou for playing along with our challenge, I love your card.
This post on Dottie's world might help you a bit with your photography;
http://dotties-wonderful-world.blogspot.com/2008/06/camera-tricks.html

Don't forget to email me so I can reply with your free images.
Louise xx

Adele said...

Well, welcome to blogland and welcome to Dottie's World. I love your cards and look forward to seeing many more!

Enjoy your freebie of Scruff in the tub!

Love Dingle.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Hiya and glad you found us. I hope you will decide to keep visiting and joining the challenges :o)

Great card, thank you for taking part.

Karen xx

Anonymous said...

I love your card, if this is the beginning I can't wait to see all the things you do! x

Nicky said...

Another great card love the sentiment. when I take photos I use my craft daylight lamp and turn the flash off on the camera. But trust me I am no David Bailey. lol Glad you found us all, loking toward to seeing more cards from you xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Great card and sentiment. Hope you'll stick around Dotties World its great fun and there are loads of other challnege blogs out there too so hopefully see you around. x

Ultramum said...

Love the card and the sentiment :-)

I use a daylight lamp and turn the flash off - i also have a macro setting on my camera for anything closer than 1m - it's often shaped like a flower and lots of camera have one :-)

Once I've taken my photo I then use Microsoft Picture Manager to crop it to size and fiddle with the colour/brightness - it has a handy button called autocorrect which is often all I need to use :-) !!!

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Super card - so pleased you've found Dottie's World and the challenges. They certainly helped me to gain lots of confidence in my card making. Please stick around - it's such a friendly place to hang out!
Ruth x